Thursday, August 17, 2017

No winners in Ronaldinho saga, says Ronaldo

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 8 Jun 2012

6 Views

Brazil legend Ronaldo feels that there has been no winners in Ronaldinho’s dispute with Flamengo, only ‘losers’.

The 31-year-old attacker was last week given permission by Rio de Janeiro’s Labour Court to unilaterally rescind his contract with the Rubro-Negro because of a dispute over unpaid wages, and on Monday joined Atletico Mineiro until the end of the year.

The former Inter striker has now admitted that the very public nature of Ronaldinho’s divorce from Flamengo – the low-light of which was a foul-mouthed attack on the player by the club’s vice-president Paulo Cesar Coutinho – has left a bad taste in his mouth.

“It was very bad for both; badly-handled business, both by Ronaldinho and Flamengo,” Ronaldo told Globoesporte.

“It is a story that has unfortunately ended badly. I do not know what motivated the two (parties) but from the outside looking in, it was very ugly. Both are losers.

“Flamengo now have to go back to winning titles; Ronaldinho needs to return to playing the way he used to.”

Ronaldinho is now set to make his Atletico Mineiro debut in the weekend’s clash with Palmeiras.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top