Monday, June 26, 2017

Nuremberg sack Wiesinger after poor start

SoccerNews in Bundesliga 7 Oct 2013

3 Views

Nuremberg have reacted to Sunday’s 5-0 home loss to Hamburg by sacking head coach Michael Wiesinger.

Wiesinger, 40, becomes the third Bundesliga boss sacked this season, with Nuremberg’s board furious at their poor start to the campaign.

They have failed to win one of their eight league matches and lie 16th in the table, with Sunday’s loss particularly poor as they conceded four goals in the space of 15 second-half minutes.

Nuremberg sporting director Martin Bader said the decision to remove Wiesinger was necessary as they bid to halt their poor run of form.

Bader told the Bundesliga’s official website: “After the 5-0 loss against Hamburg, a detailed review of our season so far and intensive discussions, we have come to the decision that this is a necessary step.”

Wiesinger’s assistant, Armin Reutershahn, has also been sacked by the club.

Reserve coach Roger Prinzen will take charge of Nuremberg on an interim basis while they search for a new manager.

Nuremberg’s next match will see them visit Eintracht Frankfurt on October 19.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top