Friday, August 18, 2017

Podolski staying at Galatasaray, insists sporting director

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 15 Jan 2017

15 Views

Galatasaray have said Lukas Podolski will stay at the club after interest from Beijing Guoan failed to materialise.

Sporting director Levent Nazifoglu had previously said a transfer was “nearing completion”, but the Chinese club denied that they were ever interested in the former Germany international.

Podolski has scored 23 goals in 56 appearances for Galatasaray since his arrival from Arsenal in July 2015, including the winner against Fenerbahce in last season’s Turkish Cup final.

After Gala’s 1-0 victory over Atiker Konyaspor, Nazifoglu said: “Podolski is a very professional player with good character, and the interest from China is no longer there.

“Podolski is our player and continues to be.

“Podolski has returned his family to Germany, so they had problems, but Podolski has never had a problem.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top