Porto confirm Pereira to join Inter
Portuguese giants Porto have announced that they have reached an agreement with Inter for the sale of full-back Alvaro Pereira.
The Neroazzurri have agreed to pay €10 million for the Uruguayan international, with another €5 million depending on various clauses.
“FC Porto reached an agreement with Inter to transfer the sports rights, outright, of footballer Alvaro Pereira for €10million,” a statement issued by the club to Portugal’s stock exchange read.
“This agreement provides for the payment of variable remuneration and the total will reach €15m.”
The 26-year-old is expected to complete his move to Giuseppe Meazza later today, which would make him Inter’s sixth signing of the transfer window.
Rodrigo Palacio, Matias Silvestre, Samir Handanovic, Gabi Mudingayi, Antonio Cassano and Walter Gargano had previously signed for the Neroazzurri.
Alvaro Pereira’s move to one of Europe’s top clubs have been long overdue, although with a fierce competition for places at Meazza, the Uruguayan will need to show all his qualities in order to command a starting place.
Valencia agree fee for Cissokho
Spanish giants Valencia have secured the signing of defender Aly Cissokho from Porto, it was announced on club’s official website.
The 24-year-old will sign a four-year deal at Mestalla, subject to passing a medical on Friday morning.
It was Valencia sporting director Braulio Vazquez who confirmed that the deal had been agreed with Olympique Lyon.
“Aly is a player with vast international experience that belies his youth,” Vazquez told club’s official website.
“He has played for the French national team and has participated in high-level games in competitions such as the Champions League.
“Cissokho is physically powerful, very strong defensively and someone who will increase the competitiveness of of the team, especially on the left side.”
The 24-year-old is widely regarded as one of the best left-backs in world football and he has spent last three years at Gerland.
The France international arrives at Mestalla as a replacement for Jordi Alba, who joined Barcelona earlier this summer.
West Ham sign Matt Jarvis
West Ham have announced the signing of winger Matt Jarvis from Wolverhampton on their official website.
The 26-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the Hammers and was given a number 7 shirt at Boleyn Ground.
The highly rated winger is expected to meet his new teammates later today and will slot right into the squad for weekend’s game against Swansea.
The cost of the transfer was not disclosed but the Premier League side revealed Jarvis had become their record signing.
“I’m delighted to have signed. It’s a fantastic club and I’m pleased to be here. It’s a great club and it’s got great history and tradition. I know about Bobby Moore and the history and tradition that go with that,” Jarvis said.
“I’ll be playing with some fantastic players and it’ll be great to get into training and I’m looking forward to playing with them. Hopefully I will add a bit of pace, crossing and deliveries that will provide some assists.”
West Ham have seriously reinforced the squad after gaining promotion from the Championship and they kicked off the Premier League campaign with a 1-0 victory over Aston Villa.
Matt Jarvis is expected to add much needed width to the attacking department and he will battle Ricardo Vaz Te for a place on the right.