Best Odds: 13/5
Two of the Premier League’s biggest names over the years will collide once again tomorrow, as Newcastle United host Arsenal. Arsene Wenger’s men are coming off the back of their triumph in the Europa League, whereas the Magpies continue to rise up the table under the tutelage of Rafa Benitez.
Under Rafa Benitez, Newcastle United look like a team reborn. They’re playing with confidence for the first time in a long time, and they legitimately feel like a team who could push for Europe in a few years if they can handle themselves in the transfer market. They’ve all but secured survival, although they’ll be keen to confirm it over the next two games.
Slimani will return for Newcastle, who have a fully fit squad to choose from this weekend.
Arsene Wenger continues to surprise people, with the draw against CSKA Moscow taking their unbeaten run to seven games. They’ll still want to prioritise the Europa League given that it’s their best chance of qualifying for the Champions League next season, but given the quality in their squad, you’d imagine they’ll have a great deal of confidence heading into this one.
Ramsey and Wilshere both picked up knocks in midweek and are questionable, but Elneny will be eligible after winning his appeal.
Factors to Consider
- Arsenal have won their last ten league games against Newcastle United.
- The Gunners have a Europa League semi-final tie against Atletico Madrid to consider.
- Newcastle’s points total in 2018 is only bettered by the top four.
- A victory against Arsenal would mean Newcastle have won four straight PL games for the first time since 2014.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could be the first man to score in five straight league games for Arsenal since 2015.
This is a fascinating game in many aspects, with both teams being full of confidence right now. The firepower of the Gunners will cause Newcastle all kinds of problems, but with the St James’ Park crowd behind them, we can see Rafa Benitez’s men pinching a draw.
Best Odds: 13/5
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!