Marco Reus remains confident Borussia Dortmund can retain the Bundesliga despite surrendering a nine-point deficit to Bayern Munich.
The 23-year-old, who starred in Germany’s 6-1 hammering of Republic of Ireland in World Cup qualifying on Friday, has warned last year’s Champions league finalists that Dortmund are not going to give up.
The German international told Welt am Sonntag: “We are still positive about our chances this season. This time last year we had 10 points, and now we have 12. We know that we can play better, and it is only a matter of time before we are playing to our potential.
“We need to keep working hard and focus on winning our next games against Manchester City and Hannover.”
Reus has seen his involvement with the German national team increase, and the attacker netted twice in Germany’s victory against the Irish.
The former Gladbach player said: “I think my two goals against Ireland prove I have taken another step. I know that if I play well and work hard the coach will reward me.”