Thursday, March 23, 2017

Riquelme returns to Boca

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 9 Feb 2013

3 Views

Argentine midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme has signed for Boca Juniors for a third time, it was announced on Friday.

Riquelme had walked out on the club in July but rumours had been circulating that the former Argentina international would rejoin the side.

At the beginning of January, Riquelme said he had no interest in playing for the side again despite the return of coach Carlos Bianchi.

“I never negotiated with Boca. I had nothing to discuss, I have no words. I said I would not play again for Boca and will not return,” he said.

Riquelme signed for Boca for the first time at the age of 18 in 1996 and stayed for six years before joining Barcelona in 2002.

In that time he won two Aperturas, one Clausura as well as the 2000 and 2001 Copa Libertadores.

He returned to the club, initially on loan, in 2007 before leaving in 2012.

In his second spell, he won a further two Aperturas and the 2007 Copa Libertadores.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top