Sunday, July 23, 2017

Ronaldo holds clear-the-air talks with Real Madrid squad

SoccerNews in La Liga 1 Mar 2016

3 Views

Cristiano Ronaldo has held clear-the-air talks with the Real Madrid squad after making controversial comments in the aftermath of Saturday’s La Liga defeat to Atletico Madrid.

Ronaldo told Cope at the weekend: “If everyone was at my level, perhaps we would be first.”

However, the Portugal international later insisted his remarks were misinterpreted, claiming he had been referring to Madrid’s list of injuries and pointing to the absence of Gareth Bale, Marcelo, Pepe and Karim Benzema, who was substituted at half-time.

Head coach Zinedine Zidane says the issue has now been resolved after Ronaldo explained himself to his team-mates.

“Cristiano spoke with everyone and me too,” Zidane told reporters. “It is a past issue. We are with him.

“The issue is resolved. This will bring us all together, but inside the club, not outside.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top