Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Ronaldo not the only threat, says Busquets

SoccerNews in La Liga 6 Oct 2012

6 Views

Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets insists there is more to Real Madrid than just Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of the El Clasico.

The Portugal international has impressed in recent weeks with a string of fine performances as he netted trebles against both Deportivo La Coruna and Ajax.

But Busquets feels Ronaldo is by no means Madrid’s only threat ahead of the clash at Camp Nou on Sunday.

“Our aim is to be better than Madrid, not just than Cristiano Ronaldo. We cannot focus on just one player,” Busquets told Channel Cuatro.

“And we have to be alert at all times. Paying attention for just 88 minutes is worth nothing.”

The midfielder said Sunday’s game would not be decisive in the title race as there was still plenty of football to be played this term.

“It’s a surprise that Madrid are eight points behind, but there are a lot of games left to play in the league and they are capable of putting a good run together,” Busquets said.

“Madrid are a great team and they can win any match. Last year they had a fantastic run and they could do it again.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top