Saturday, August 19, 2017

San Lorenzo renew Coloccini pursuit

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 24 May 2013

3 Views

San Lorenzo president Matias Lammens says the club are confident of signing Newcastle defender Fabricio Coloccini.

San Lorenzo were reportedly close to bringing the 31-year-old back to his homeland in January but were unable to agree a fee with the English Premier League side.

Newcastle’s captain remained on Tyneside and helped the team steer clear of relegation but Lammens wants to secure the homesick centre-back’s signature at the second attempt.

“I have the intention of having a meeting with Fabricio and talking about the conditions of his arrival to San Lorenzo,” he told La Cicloneta.

“We understand that Newcastle don’t have too much interest in the summer other than keeping Coloccini in their squad.

“They have managed to escape from the relegation zone, so they will now think about what is best for the player; that he needs to go back home.”

Coloccini previously spent six months on loan at San Lorenzo while an AC Milan player, helping the Buenos Aires outfit to win the 2001 Clausura championship.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top