Monday, March 27, 2017

Senegal row threatens to sideline Cisse

SoccerNews in English Premier League 15 Nov 2012

8 Views

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew says Papiss Cisse may be forced to miss Saturday’s clash against Swansea due to a dispute with Senegal.

The striker withdrew from the national squad for Wednesday’s friendly away to Niger with a back complaint, but Senegal are arguing that they never received a medical report on his condition.

The West African nation are now threatening to invoke FIFA’s five-day rule, which entitles an FA to suspend a player who fails to turn up for international duty.

“We have a bit of an issue going on with the federation,” said Pardew.

“We feel we have covered all the bases to give them the information.

“But they seem not to have received it, so we are in discussions with Senegal and the FA about his availability for Saturday.”

Cisse scored 13 goals in 14 matches last season after joining from Freiburg in January, but has failed to hit top form so far this year, hitting the back of the net just once in 10 league games.

Nevertheless, with just one win in their last six Premier League matches, Newcastle will be keen to field a team which is as strong as possible.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top