- First stop for horse racing punters
- Better welcome bonuses compared to most online bookmakers
- Live streaming service for in-play
- A global bookmaker with an impeccable reputation
- One of few UK bookmakers present on the London Stock Exchange
Sportingbet is recommended for couple of basic reasons: the variety of bets and the excellent in-play betting service. The amazing thing is that this bookmaker has managed to grow so much in just a short period. Today Sportingbet thrives all over the world and provides localised web-site intended for an easier use by punters from different nations. The result is a global bookmaker with a solid range of sport markets to choose from. It simply covers all the important aspects of being a respected online bookmaker. Sportingbet offers great odds and a variety of markets to bet on.
This premium sportsbook houses one of the best welcome offers on the web, offering no less than £100 in Free Bets to all new customers. You have 30 days to claim four free bets, each of them worth up to £25.
Background & License
Since it was launched in 1998 Sportingbet has become one of the leading online sports betting providers. Today Sportingbet operates in over 25 countries and has over seven hundred thousand active customers worldwide. Sportingbet is one of the biggest bookmakers online with a tremendous presence in the UK and all across Europe, and has made a particularly strong market penetration in other European countries, like Belgium, Turkey, Germany etc, and thus has managed to be one of those big UK bookmakers present on the London Stock Exchange.
It made a quick growth in the following years since its launch in 1998 thanks to the strategic positioning in various parts of the world. Sport betting is massive at Sportingbet, where 8,000 different betting opportunities come across 30 different sports every day. The licence of Sportingbet was issued in Antigua and Barbuda.
Free Bet & Promotions
Sportingbet has one welcome offer that you will hardly see at other bookmarks. As an incentive to register and become a valued member of the Sportingbet experience, new users receive £50 risk free bet. It is simple, you become eligible for the promo free bet by opening an account through Sportingbet’s web-site and by placing a sports bet at 1.50 or greater in your first seven days as a member. If you want to place a multiple bet, each selection for each bet needs to be greater than 1.5. If your bet is lost, Sportingbet will refund it as a free bet up to £50. But bear in mind that deposits made via Skrill, Neteller or Paysafecard are not eligible for the promotion, and it is only valid for customers from United Kingdom and Ireland.
In order to attract more active punter base, Sportingbet employs a rewards program with which punters can benefit from their sports betting activity at the web-site. There are ten levels to go through, and each brings its own benefits, for example, at level one you get 10 free spins at the casino page, at level five you get £50 as reward, and if you manage to reach level ten, then you’ll receive a generous reward of £2,500.
Betting Coverage & Odds
Sportingbet’s prices are competitive, something that comes naturally when being a bookmaker with the goal to be the leader on the market. Sportingbet does not have a reputation for fantastic odds, but they are more than satisfactory. It has a strong in-play offering and market coverage, but the football prices do not really standout. Around twenty-five sports are covered at any given time at Sportingbet, and the betting opportunities are wide enough for the majority of punters. Sportingbet has excellent coverage of European basketball and actually it is sponsor of the Euroleague competition.
Sportingbet offers a satisfactory variety for football betting, including football leagues like Premier League and all of the lower tiers of professional football in England (Championship, League 2, Conferences etc), Bundesliga, Primera Division, Seria, Ligue 1, Super Lig, UEFA competitions like the Champions League and Europa League, but also more obscure ones including the Algerian, Egyptian, Moroccan football leagues etc. Generally the football range is excellent with a particular focus on the UK football competitions. If you want to bet on a Premiere League match, you can typically choose between eighty or more various selections.
Sportingbet is a must have bookie for horse racing punters. It offers best totes and some top free bet promotions for both new and existing punters. It’s hard to go past Sportingbet if you are looking for a bookmaker with plenty to offer for horse racing. Sportingbet has odds on all major racing fixtures and offers online betting prices on all the UK and Ireland racing events. There are jockey challenges on selected race meetings too. Sportingbet offers all the race betting options that one could ask for including place, exacta, quinella, trifecta, first 4, all up multi, doubles, trebles, quaddie, win 6, parlay etc.
Live In-Play Betting
There are over 300 markets to bet on in the live betting platform. Live betting at Sportingbet is available 24 hours and punters can be in tune with all sporting events around the world at all times. There are extensive live tennis betting markets on all major matches and all the upcoming in-play events on your favourite sports are listed in the in-play betting calendar. The in-play section may be a bit slower than at other bookmakers, but there’s no denying that it is one of the finest live betting offerings.
Deposit & Withdrawals
Sportingbet offers multiple deposit methods including credit/debit cards, e-wallets and bank wire transfers. They accept Visa credit/debit cards, Mastercard credit cards and Switch, Maestro and Laser. From e-wallets Sportingbet offers Neteller, Click2Pay, Skrill, PayPal, but also prepaid cards like UKash and Paysafecard. If you choose Neteller as your payment method you can deposit in US Dollars, Pounds Sterling, or Euros, while on withdrawal you can select between USD, GBP, CAD or EUR. If you used credit/debit card as a depositing method, all withdrawals will be sent via the same method as default. Bank wire transfers intended for non-UK residents feature withdrawals in around 13 currencies.
Customer Service & Security
The customer service provided by Sportingbet includes excellent 24/7 assistance to punters around the world, via email, live chat, and telephone. Usually there is a massive amount of members that are being serviced each day and thus the customer service team may seem to be in a hurry, but it is still friendly, responsive and helpful.
By registering users enter personal information into the web-site that may contain financial sensitive details, such as credit card numbers etc. That kind of information is encrypted with the best encryption software in the industry today, the SSL encryption technology used by financial institutions. While the SSL technology is used to protect sensitive information online, Sportingbet does everything in its power to protect users’ details offline too. All info regarded as sensitive is restricted in Sportingbet’s offices and only employees who need it to perform their job are granted access to it.
Sportingbet performs highly across the board in general. There are several other top bookmakers online with whom it can easily compete and after only few days as a member it becomes clear that that this is one of the better operators when it comes to live betting. The site offers a good range of payment methods and a very strong betting selection. The lavish welcome bonus for new punters and the low turnover requirements are regarded as a positive feature, while horse race enthusiasts will love the selection offered for horse racing markets. Sportingbet is a great bookmaker and is particularly recommended to serious punters.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Odd Formats:
- Fractional, Decimal, American
- Bulgaria, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan and USA
- Excellent place for racing markets
- Easy to use basic web-site
- Competitive odds on all sport markets
- Great each-way terms
- Limited range of football markets
- US players not allowed
- Too many restrictions on Asian countries
- Am I allowed to register an account?
- You can find out whether you can register an account from your country in two ways. The first is to find out if online betting, visiting betting websites or betting transactions are legal in your country. If they are, then it is most likely that Sportingbet accepts players from your country. But in order to make 100% sure, you can browse through Sportingbet’s terms and conditions or ask the customer support regarding the issue.
- How can I place a bet?
- Placing a bet was never easier. Each time you click on the odds for a certain selection, the selection appears in your bet slip at the top right on the page under the main menu. After you’ve entered the amount of your stake the bet slip will display the amount of your possible payout. Keep clicking on odds and other matches will appear in the bet slip as well.
- How to get my free bet?
- Sportingbet’s risk free bet up to £50 is intended for all new customers making their first ever bet. For that purpose you will need to open an account, deposit the minimum and place sports bet on a selection with odds that are 1.5 or greater. After that, your free bet will be given to you only if your bet is lost.
- When will my bet be settled?
- Shortly after an event has finished bets are settled automatically. Afterwards Sportingbet will need maximum 10 minutes to settle your bet so you can take away your winnings. In case you have a winning bet, but your winnings have not been credited to your account even after 10 minutes, you are advised to contact Sportingbet’s customer support.
- In what languages can I use Sportingbet’s website?
- Sportingbet offers its services in nineteen European languages (and their variations according to the regions), which means that people from 20 different countries in Europe can use the website in their native language. Those are English (Canadians English too), Spanish (Latin American included), Greek (Greek for citizens of the island Crete too), Italian, German, French, Danish, Czech, Croatian, Hungarian, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian Portuguese), Russian, Finnish, Swedish, Romanian, Slovakian and Serbian.
- How can I deposit or withdraw funds?
- When you go to My Account you will see two big buttons, Deposit and Withdraw. By clicking on one of them a pop-up window will appear prompting you to select your payment method for the deposit/withdrawal. After that you’ll only need to confirm the transaction and you’ll have your funds in no time.