- Active founding member of key responsible gaming foundations
- Vast no. of sports betting markets
- The main protagonist of the EU Responsible Gaming Day in the EU Parliament
- Best European bookmaker in 2008
- Supports 28 European languages and multiple currencies
The Unibet online bookmaker has risen from the shadows with its new and revamped betting interface, bringing back the competitiveness of the online betting industry with its competitive football odds. The wide range of betting options offered should be the ideal web-site for many recreational punters. Those that would like to pause from betting, in danger of becoming bored, can easily visit Unibet’s casino, poker and bingo pages. Unibet can please even the most experienced veterans in sports betting with its odds that sometimes top the majority of other bookmakers’ odds.
Unibet has a £20 risk free bet for all new customers, as you will receive your stake back up to a maximum value of £20 if your first bet loses.
Background & License
Unibet is a Swedish web-site run by gambling and sports betting enthusiasts. It is owned by Unibet Group Plc, a company publicly listed at the Nordic Exchange in Stockholm, which means it is a company open to share holders, something that only big companies can do. Unibet started its sports betting business in 1997, and provides a platform for sports betting, casino gambling, and online poker playing to over eight million players all over the world in more than 150 countries. In order to be able to provide such services, Unibet holds a license issued in the jurisdiction of Malta.
Unibet is very conscious about responsible gambling and is aware that people tend to develop a gambling problem if they do not wager responsibly. That is why the Unibet Group has always been an active member and supporter of responsible gaming foundations and is part of some big programs. For example, Unibet is a founding member of EGBA and ESSA, and has been behind the EU Responsible Gaming Day in the EU Parliament. It is also an annual donator to the Gambling Therapy. Furthermore, Unibet is member of the EGBA (European Gaming and Betting Association), and RGA (Remote Gambling Association in the UK).
Free Bet & Promotions
Unibet offers 100% first deposit bonus up to the value of £25 to punters that register for the first time. To become eligible for the promotion all you need to do is deposit a minimum of £10 into your account. This offer is available only to those coming from the United Kingdom and Ireland and cannot be claimed by others. UK and Irish citizens can claim it only by depositing via a credit or debit card. Other payment methods are not valid for this welcome promo. It’s very simple: if you deposit £10 you will get a bonus of £10, or if you deposit £25 you will get a bonus of £25. Choose any amount, but the free bonus cannot surpass £25.
As an existing member of Unibet all of your losing halftime/fulltime, correct score, first goalscorer and last goalscorer bets that were placed up to the amount of £80 on any Champions League match where a goal was scored in injury time will be refunded.
Also, if you feel fed up with goals scored late in the match that have ruined countless bets for you, then Unibet is for you. It has unique function called Ca$h-In with which you can settle your bets before the match is finished. This offer is for the live in-play betting console where in order to activate the feature you need to click the Ca$h-In button and take a portion of your winnings early or cut your losses before it is too late for you.
Betting Coverage & Odds
With all the traditional forms of betting Unibet cannot surprise you… or could it? With an amazing range of exotics and special bets that were tailored according to the tendencies of Unibet’s punters, Unibet can surprise you for sure. Betting is possible on all major sporting contests, especially for football, basketball and tennis matches. Their tremendous live in-play betting is where they excel with the exotics on selected events.
Unibet also features SuperToto betting where punters have to predict the result of 10 selected events. For this an overall betting prize pool is formed. Besides SuperToto, Unibet offers SuperScore too where punters are required to predict the exact result in 3 selected events.
Unibet offers some of the most comprehensive markets for UK football betting for which regular special offers are given. Their odds are quite good and sometimes the finest available for big games, especially for Scandinavian football. They don't offer Asian handicap to some of the football leagues and their limits are a bit lower for less known ones. The only explanation why there are so many European football leagues covered at Unibet is that they are on the mission to cover any possible football competition in Europe. Football punters can place bets daily on over 15 000 offerings, on leagues from England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, Austria, Wales, Mexico and many more.
Live In-Play Betting
Unibet are considered innovators in live sports streaming. They have a dedicated channel for streaming which was made available to users of their software and offers different sports from around the world. Their live streaming channel is incorporated with their live betting portal. Any feature that adds to the user experience is a welcomed one, like the comprehensive statistics section for loads of information for a wide variety of sports. For example, in the case of football you can view league tables, fixtures, results of previous fixtures, or you can view head to head match ups and detailed reviews of previous games.
Deposit & Withdrawals
Fast and secure deposits can be made at Unibet via your credit/debit card, directly from your bank account, via prepaid cards like Ukash and Paysafecard or popular e-wallet services like Skrill and Neteller. If you want to deposit directly from your bank account you will need to know the bank details of Unibet in order to be able to complete the transfer. All of this can be accessed easily through the Deposit button on Unibet’s web-site.
Withdrawing is easy too. Just select ‘Withdrawal’ from your ‘My account’ page and you will see different ways that you can withdraw your money along with the minimum and maximum limits for each type. You can always withdraw with the same method you chose for depositing. The same methods used for depositing apply for withdrawal too. For large withdrawals Unibet may request some documents before they can process your request.
At the moment Unibet allows depositing in about fifteen different currencies, including CAD, CHF, GBP, NOK, USD etc., and once selected, you cannot change it through your account on the web-site.
Customer Service & Security
Unibet’s customer support is equally good as the entire Unibet experience. People can freely access the support staff to address any they feel uncertain about Unibet’s service and products. The customer support team can be accessed most effectively through live chat, where with one click of the mouse you can start a live conversation. Also there is an email intended especially for UK and Irish residents, and an international telephone number. The support staff is available 24/7.
After registering and logging in at Unibet, all information is encrypted using 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, a certificate issued and verified by Trustwave.
Unibet is one of those bookies that you will certainly love. It has a generous sign up offer that anyone wishing free bets should give a try. Unibet is virtually on-par with all other top online bookmakers and with what you can get at them. But you will get even more. Unibet offers some unique features of its own, especially in the area of live betting. We would put Unibet in the same group as any bookmaker that you consider favourite and we will blast your mind with what Unibet is capable of. It is an online bookmaker that has a solid enough tradition that speaks for its name too. Do not hesitate and register your Unibet account today.
- Odd Formats:
- Fractional, Decimal, American
- Turkey and USA
- One of the world's biggest online bookmakers
- Customers in over 150 countries
- Over 8.2 million customers so far
- Deep sports menu
- Not suited for pro punters
- Limited banking options
- Restricted for USA
- How can a member deposit or withdraw?
- Depositing is quick and secure. Just find the ‘Deposit’ button on the home page above the main menu and specify your preferred method. Withdrawing is easy too. Select ‘Withdrawal’ in your Unibet account. Note that some methods that were used for depositing are not offered for making withdrawals too.
- Are my funds and personal details safe?
- The security of its players is Unibet’s number one priority for which purpose it uses a 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. All data are encrypted and sent only once over the internet. All encrypted sensitive data is stored in Unibet’s secure system. Unibet follows and complies with the Payment Card Industries Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and those issued by the European gaming and betting association.
- Where can I find glossary with betting terms?
- We offer and maintain a betting glossary which is a non exhaustive list of traditional and modern bets. Non exhaustive because as the sports betting industry evolves so does our glossary. These bets can be found at any online bookmaker, so it would be very useful for you to learn them.
- When does my bet settle?
- Any winnings from your bet are normally paid out as soon as the final result is confirmed. Live in-play bets are usually settled the same way, as soon as the result is decided after which your winnings will be credited to your account. In case you haven’t received your winnings in a reasonable time, contact customer support.
- Can I use my mobile to place a bet?
- You can bet or play in the casino from your iPhone or Android via Unibet’s mobile site. With it you can also check your account, see your bet history, make transactions and contact Unibet. The sports betting service can be used with the help of any mobile handset. Just visit m.unibet.com through your mobile web browser or scan the QR codes displayed in the Mobile info section of the website.