- Widest sports market range
- Covers all major and minor European football leagues & competitions
- One of the best in live in-play betting
- Betting app for Android and iPhone devices
- Radio and video coverage of selected football games
William Hill is one of the most well known names in the land based and online betting industries today. William Hill is also one of the oldest sports betting operators and one of the most reputable UK bookmakers. More specifically it is known as a high class name in sports betting, with thousands of employees in many different countries and millions of customers.
United Kingdom punters and punters across the world have trusted William Hill for decades. It offers many different popular sports and international competitions from all across the world, like the World Cup in football, Winter or Summer Olympics etc.
Background & License
With more than 17,000 people employed across nine different countries William Hill customers are offered an array of betting opportunities through land based shops, online, and a mobile application with which they are enabled to bet wherever and whenever they want.
William Hill was established in 1934 and since then it has played an important part in British and international betting and gambling. It is present online since 1998, and with its reputation built across seven decades William Hill today is considered as the most trustworthy and honest bookie with big heritage. William Hill is fully licensed by the jurisdiction of Gibraltar and is operated by WHG (International) Limited.
Free Bet & Promotions
Each new punter at William Hill, or newly registered customer to be more specific, can place a first bet of minimum £5, and he will get a free bet of the same value up to a maximum of £25. After that William Hill exposes its punters to regular Money Back promotions for accumulators. For example, if you place a football accumulator for six or more matches and you miss your ticket only by one match, you will get your money returned as a free bet. Or if your selected goal scorer doesn’t score the first goal on your First Goal Scorer bet, but scores the second goal for which you haven’t placed a bet, William Hill will refund your money as a free bet. The third money back promotion is called Bore Draw Insurance, which means that if a match finishes 0-0 William Hill will again refund your money as a free bet. All of this is available on every game in every league, both online and on mobile.
Betting Coverage & Odds
William Hill offers some of the most favourable odds for football and other markets, where all sports that you could or couldn’t think of betting on are covered, along with live betting and great media service in the form of live streaming of selected matches and live results. The odds are rarely changed and can be viewed with the decimal, fractional or American format.
William Hill offers betting on many European football sports markets including the most massive international and European football competitions, such as the World Cup, Euro Cup, UEFA Champions League, and UEFA Europa League. The biggest football range offered is with the UK football leagues, like the Scottish, Northern Irish and the English premier and lower leagues, but punters can bet on the Austrian and German Bundesliga, Greek Super League, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga Primera, Swedish Allsvenskan, Turkish Super Lig etc. The selection of football markets is one of their greatest aspects.
As a market leader in sports betting it is only natural for William Hill to have a wide coverage of racing betting. Daily racing racetracks across the UK and Ireland, Australia, France, South Africa, Asia and the United States are covered. Each race is covered with the most basic bets like win and each-way, along with Tote betting for selected races and other special features. Besides their odds for football, William Hill is known for their horse racing odds.
Live In-Play Betting
William Hill has several hundred of markets available for live in-play betting across 4 sports (football, basketball, tennis and greyhounds) at all times. The number can vary depending on how many sporting events the day will offer. In the live in-play section you can find the traditional head-to-head options and exotics on selected events and the best way to bet live is with the stylish betting app for mobile phones, with all the features available as on the web-site. Live betting at William Hill is facilitated with the William Hill TV where selected football games are broadcasted. Their live betting odds are updated quickly as the matches unfold.
Deposit & Withdrawals
As one of the world leaders in sports betting William Hill is obliged to provide punters with the safest and most convenient payment methods available that are commonly found at betting and gambling web-sites today. Currently William Hill offers exactly 50 payment methods for funding with 11 different currencies (Pound Sterling, US dollar, Euro, Danish Krone, Australian and Canadian dollar etc). Customers can easily find their best suited method according to their geographical location among the massive selection of methods. Some of the best known payment methods at William Hill include Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, PayPal, Neteller, Instadebit, ClickAndBuy, Click2Pay etc. Depositing and withdrawing is a feature that is very easily accessed through the My Account tab, where you can track all of your current bonuses and transactions.
Customer Service & Security
The customer service team of William Hill can be contacted 24/7 through their online contact form available in the help section, by writing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat, or just by calling them on one of their UK or International telephone number. The only drawback for customers is the fact that each time the customer support will first direct you towards the FAQ page where you have to dig for certain information that you could receive a lot easier during the support session. But the FAQ interface is actually very easy to use, and just by using it you can access lots of other info that you didn’t think of asking, so you could say it’s a win-win situation both for the customers and for the customer support team.
All personal details, usernames, passwords, details about transactions, including credit card numbers and such are secured with a number of encryption and security measures. The most common method widely used by betting and gambling web-sites and by banking institutions alike is the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. With it your information is encrypted before it is sent over the Internet.
William Hill does not offer the standard referral or loyalty programs that you might find at other sports betting web-sites, but the range of tools and betting features that you will find at William Hill cannot be matched by other sports betting web-sites. There is radio and video coverage of races, while on the William Hill TV you can watch selected football matches, and all betting is covered with detailed statistical analyses and guides, and additionally you can receive tips and listen to podcasts. We guarantee that passionate punters will keep themselves entertained each day. William Hill is suitable for all kinds of punters, and is very suitable and friendly towards recreational customers where betting is stripped down to a simple point-and-click process, most appropriate for seasoned punters that want to get down to business immediately. The betting variety is simply jaw-dropping, and you’ll surely find what you came for.
- William Hill
- Odd Formats:
- Fractional, Decimal, American
- Belgium, Cuba, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, French Guiana, Greece, Guadeloupe, Israel, Hong Kong, Iran, Libya, Martinique, Cyprus, Myanmar (Burma), North Korea, Norway, Sudan, Syria, Philippines, United Arab Emirates, USA, and Turkey
- Incredible sports betting experience since 1934
- Wide range of bets and markets
- Trusted by millions of sports punters
- One of the top leading bookmakers online
- No Friend Referral
- Restricted for USA players
- The web-site may seem a tad chaotic for beginners
- How do I place a bet?
- When you see a selection that you want to use for a bet, just click on the price of the selection to add it to your bet slip. If you are betting on horse racing just click on SP (Starting Price). If you are making a bet from the each way market, tick the 'Each Way' box. Now, all you have left is to enter your stake and click 'Place Bet' to confirm your bet.
- Can I bet through my mobile?
- Yes. William Hill has a mobile betting app for popular devices that use iOS, Android or Windows 8, and even Blackberry. Generally punters can place bets from virtually any mobile device that can be used to surf on the internet. You can place bets on all the markets that you would find on William Hill’s website.
- How do I place an In-Play bet?
- Placing an in-play bet is essentially the same as placing a normal bet. Go to the live in-play section and click on the price of your preferred selection that is going live at the moment and it will automatically appear in your bet slip. All you need to do is enter your stake and press ‘Place Bet’. The only difference you will notice from the normal betting section is that the in-play prices have green or red blinking arrow next to them indicating if the price has dropped or risen.
- What languages are available?
- William Hill’s sports betting website is a multilingual website that is available in 20 languages. People speaking the following languages can use the website without a problem: English, Spanish, Hungarian, Polish, Slovenian, Turkish, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Serbian, Chinese, Czech, French, Norwegian, Russian, Finnish, German, Romanian, Swedish and Japanese.
- Are my transactions/personal details secure?
- William Hill uses a number of encryption, security measures and technologies that help you have safe and satisfactory experience. For that purpose William Hill uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology to encrypt all personal and financial details sent over the internet. This technology is used by many financial institutions, like banks etc.
- What is the maximum stake?
- The maximum amount of your stake that you can put at William Hill varies. It is determined on a bet-by-bet basis and therefore William Hill cannot specify the exact amount you can bet. Instead, William Hill will determine your maximum stake allowed based on their list of maximum winnings limit.