Thursday, August 17, 2017

Terim leaves Turkey role after brawl

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 26 Jul 2017

19 Views

Fatih Terim has left his role as Turkey coach by mutual consent following his involvement in a brawl a fortnight ago.

Television footage showed 63-year-old Terim in an altercation with a restaurant owner in a west coast holiday town.

Reports in the Turkish media said Terim and his sons-in-law had injured five men in the incident.

“Some non-football issues have been wearing out our football director Fatih Terim and the management of the Turkish Football Federation (TFF),” the TFF said in a statement.

“The two sides agreed that it would be more healthy for both parties to part ways.”

Terim had been in charge since 2013, failing to lead Turkey to the 2014 World Cup but guiding them to a place at Euro 2016.

Turkey are third in their 2018 World Cup qualifying group, two points behind Croatia and Iceland.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top