Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tigres dismiss Gignac to Barcelona reports

SoccerNews in La Liga 2 Aug 2016

7 Views

Tigres have dismissed suggestions that Andre-Pierre Gignac is set to leave the club for Barcelona.

The Camp Nou side are thought to be keen to add some fresh blood to their attack ahead of the 2016-17 campaign, but have so far failed in their search.

They were previously linked with Nolito, Luciano Vietto and Kevin Gameiro, but are said to have turned their attention to Gignac after missing out on the aforementioned trio.

Nevertheless, Tigres are adamant Barcelona have not made a formal approach for the France international.

“Tigres are proud that a club of such international stature shows an interest in one of our players, but there has not been any formal contact regarding Barcelona’s interest in Gignac for now,” the Mexican side said in a statement on their official Twitter account.

Gignac, 30, joined Tigres from Marseille in June 2015 and helped them to the Liga MX Apertura title in his first season at the club.

His contract with the San Nicolas de los Garza side runs until 2018.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top