Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tosun to Everton ´not finished´, says Besiktas chief

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 3 Jan 2018

14 Views

Everton still have work to do in order to complete the signing of Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun, the Turkish Super Lig side have revealed.

Turkey international Tosun was understood to be on the verge of sealing a £25million move to Goodison Park, with Besiktas chairman Fikret Orman reportedly due in London for meetings with the Everton hierarchy on Wednesday.

But speaking at signing ceremony for new recruit Domagoj Vida, Orman told reporters his club previously turned down an offer in excess of what Everton tabled from a Chinese Super League club.

“We had an offer from Everton. But the situation is not finished yet,” he said.

“We had an offer from a Chinese club for him too. They offered €35million but we didn’t even talk about that.

“Cenk Tosun’s future is important to us too.”

Tosun, 26, has scored 14 goals in 24 matches for Besiktas this season, including four in six outings as Senol Gunes’ side reached the knockout stages of the Champions League.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting �
Become a Writer
More More
Top