Everton manager David Moyes says there has been no contact from Tottenham regarding the vacant post at White Hart Lane.
Harry Redknapp was sacked by chairman Daniel Levy on Wednesday night after nearly four years in charge at Spurs, despite guiding the side to fourth in the Premier League last season.
Moyes and Wigan manager Roberto Martinez are two of the names who have been linked to the job, but the Toffees boss says no approach has yet been made.
“There has been no contact (from Spurs),” he told BBC 5 Live.
“If there had been contact, the first person I would have told would be the chairman.”
Moyes has been in charge at Everton for 10 years – the third-longest managerial reign of the current crop of Premier League bosses.
The Scot remained tight-lipped on whether he would accept the job at White Hart Lane, but refused to close the door completely.
“I hope to meet all my ambitions at Everton but you never know in this game,” he said.
He added: “I’m ambitious and I want to try to win things and ideally I want to do that with Everton.
“We brought in two or three players in January and you could see the difference it made to the club, so we want to try and do that again.
“I told my chairman four weeks ago (that money was needed to compete) so for me my concentration is on getting Everton ready for the start of the season, and hopefully getting off to a better one than we’ve had in recent years.
“I’ve always been loyal and I will continue to be loyal to Everton – as long as they want me, I’m happy there.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!