Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Toure confirms Man City exit; Leonardo denies interest in Cavani

Cote d'Ivoire international defender Kolo Toure has revealed he will leave Manchester City at the end of the season

Cote d’Ivoire international defender Kolo Toure has revealed he will leave Manchester City at the end of the season, Sky Sports understands.

Toure, 32, joined Manchester City from Arsenal for £16million in July 2009.

The 32-year-old has become a squad player this term following the arrival of Serbia international centre-back Matija Nastasić from ACF Fiorentina in the summer.

Toure, whose current contract expires at the end of the season, has not been offered a new deal by City.

“I have been here for nearly four years, and two fantastic years when I have been playing a lot and I hear my songs with Yaya and I will miss those things, for me my family is here, my kids are at school and they like the area – but in two months nothing has come from the club and I am thinking about my future definitely,” Toure told Sky Sports News.

The Ivorian wants to stay in England, despite reports linking him with summer moves to France and Italy.

“My first choice is this country, as I like English football – that is why I began playing football,” added Toure.

“After Ivory Coast I came here, I don’t know any other culture and it is important for me to stay here, I have been here for ten-years.”

Toure has made 15 appearances in all competitions for Manchester City this season.

Leonardo denies interest in Cavani

Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has rubbished reports suggesting the French Ligue 1 leaders have agreed a deal to sign S.S.C. Napoli talisman Edinson Cavani this summer, according to Sky Sports.

Earlier this week, reports from France claimed that PSG were set to win the race for Cavani, having already agreed personal terms with the Uruguayan ace.

Be that as it may, Leonardo has moved to distance PSG from the aforementioned speculation, insisting Cavani is not on the club’s transfer shortlist.

“Now is not the time to talk about the market,” Leonardo told Sky Sport Italia. “But I can say that Cavani is not our objective at this time.

“Do not expect an amazing market from us this year – we’ve already got them at this team.”

Leonardo also played down speculation linking Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Ezequiel Lavezzi with summer moves away from the Parc des Princes.

According to reports, Juventus and Manchester City are  interested in Ibrahimovic, who has bagged 32 goals and 14 assists in all competitions for PSG this season.

Meanwhile, Argentina international winger Ezequiel Lavezzi is reportedly attracting interest from AC Milan and F.C. Internazionale Milano.

Lavezzi, 27, has tallied just three goals and three assists in 23 league appearances for PSG thus far in 2012-13, but managed to score five goals in nine matches in the UEFA Champions League.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Shawn Etemadi


SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

ADD COMMENT

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top