Sunday, March 26, 2017

Van Aanholt dismisses concerns over heart

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 21 Sep 2016

58 Views

Sunderland full-back Patrick van Aanholt played down concerns he was battling a heart complaint.

Van Aanholt was named to start his side’s visit to Tottenham in the Premier League on Sunday before being replaced shortly before kick-off.

It was later revealed the left-back was withdrawn after “medical advice from cardiologists”.

However, Van Aanholt, a six-time Netherlands international, insists there are no concerns over his heart.

“I was indeed surprised, because there is really nothing to worry about,” he told Voetbal International.

“I’ve been sick last week. I picked up a virus and that would have crept in my body, possibly even to my heart.

“We had to make a scan, but the scan is offered late or too late at the FA and therefore I had to sit in the stand.

“I felt nothing in my heart. I’m just fit.”

Van Aanholt said he expected to play for Sunderland in the EFL Cup clash against QPR on Wednesday.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top