Saturday, November 18, 2017

We didn´t let Barcelona ´screw´ us with Dembele – Rauball

SoccerNews in La Liga 4 Sep 2017

279 Views

Borussia Dortmund did not allow Barcelona to “screw” them over the transfer of Ousmane Dembele, president Reinhard Rauball said.

Dembele, 20, made the move from Dortmund to Barcelona for a reported €105million late last month.

It was the LaLiga giants’ biggest signing of the transfer window, having needed desperately to try and replace Neymar after the Brazilian’s world-record move to Paris Saint-Germain.

Rauball said Dortmund were clear with Barca from the outset, setting out what they wanted for the France international.

“In the case of Dembele, we didn’t let Barcelona screw us and made all the conditions clear from the beginning,” he said on Monday.

“If they hadn’t met those conditions, the transfer wouldn’t have been possible. The fact that it happened shortly before the window closed is just the way things are.

“Nevertheless, we really have to think about whether we can accept the fact that such transfers are possible until the end of August.”

Dembele ended up spending just one campaign at Dortmund after joining from Rennes last year.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top