Friday, October 20, 2017

We will not sell Bartra – Fernandez

SoccerNews in La Liga 21 Jan 2016

2 Views

Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernandez has insisted defender Marc Bartra will not be sold by the club. 

The 25-year-old has found game time hard to come by this season, managing to see just 341 minutes of La Liga action so far in 2014-15.

Schalke are reportedly interested in the central defender as they look to cover the injured Benedikt Howedes.

However, Fernandez insisted Barcelona will not be letting Bartra go anywhere. 

“We will not let him leave,” he told Movistar+. “We are quite sure of that.”

Meanwhile, Fernandez said he would not stop Douglas leaving in search of more game time. 

The 25-year-old full-back has appeared just three times in La Liga since his €4million move from Brazilian outfit Sao Paulo in 2014. 

“We will see if something beneficial comes along for the player and the club,” Fernandez said. 

“We’d like him to be playing.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
More More
Top