Thursday, June 22, 2017

Werder confirm Riise talks

SoccerNews in Bundesliga 11 Aug 2013

2 Views

Werder Bremen sporting director Thomas Eichin has confirmed that the club are in talks to sign full-back John Arne Riise from Fulham.

The 32-year old defender is thought to be available on a free transfer after the Premier League outfit agreed to allow him to leave.

Norwegian Riise has fallen out of favour under boss Martin Jol after spending two seasons in west London, making 75 appearances.

He has a year remaining on his contract but revealed earlier this week that he is likely to exit Craven Cottage in the transfer window.

And Eichin has now confirmed that Werder are keen on taking the Norway international to the Bundesliga, although he is not the only option for boss Robin Dutt.

Eichin told Sky: “I’m talking with many agents and we’re checking the market. Riise is certainly an interesting player and I have always said that we are looking for the left-back position.

“There has been a discussion, but that does not mean anything yet.”

Riise made 32 appearances in all competitions for Fulham last season, having previously featured for Roma and Liverpool.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top