Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Zabaleta set for City stay under Guardiola

SoccerNews in Serie A 8 Aug 2016

14 Views

Pablo Zabaleta has confirmed he is staying at Manchester City, despite reports of interest from Roma.

The Argentine has won two Premier League titles in his eight years with City, but lost his place in the starting line-up to Bacary Sagna under Manuel Pellegrini last season.

However, with Pep Guardiola now in charge, and keen to retain the full-back, Zabaleta has dismissed talk of a move to Serie A ahead of the new campaign.

“There was a lot of speculation – that came from the media,” the 31-year-old said.

“I don’t know how many times I was away to Italy. It was incredible. Every day there was a new club.

“I’ve always been away from that because I knew from the first day it was my decision.

“I had been told by the new manager that I was part of his squad for this season, so I’m more than pleased because City was my priority.

“I know I only have one year left on my contract, so that creates a lot of speculation about my future.

“But I didn’t decide anything before I came back for pre-season to meet the manager and hear from him what was my situation. I’m so happy to be part of Manchester City for this season.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshock???cooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsad!?ideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
wpDiscuz
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

  • Football_888sport betting
Become a Writer
More More
Top