Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Atletico reveal two positive COVID-19 tests ahead of Champions League clash

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 9 Aug 2020

41 Views

Atletico Madrid have announced two cases of COVID-19 have been detected at the club ahead of their Champions League trip to Lisbon.

The Spanish outfit did not disclose the identity of the individuals or specify whether they were members of Diego Simeone’s playing squad.

In a club statement, Atletico said all first-team players, and everyone connected with the club who intended to travel to Lisbon, underwent coronavirus tests on Saturday.

That was in line with UEFA demands ahead of Atletico’s quarter-final match against RB Leipzig, which is scheduled to be played on Thursday.

Lisbon will also stage the semi-finals and final of the competition.

“Among the results known today, two positives have appeared,” Atletico said.

The club said both individuals concerned were now isolating at home, adding that health authorities in Spain and Portugal had been informed, along with UEFA, the Spanish and Portuguese football federations and Spain’s National Sports Council.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top