Barcelona could be about to sell its Portuguese midfielder Deco and Cameroonian striker Samuel Eto'o to Chelsea for a total of 55 million euros, a Spanish newspaper said Friday.
“Barcelona is on the way to sealing a double deal with Chelsea” to sell the two players to the London club for 55 million euros (84 million dollars), the Marca sports daily said, without indicating its sources.
It said Chelsea's signing this week of Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari, currently manager of the Portuguese national team, was the determining factor in his decision to move to London and reject other offers, including one from Inter Milan.
Deco announced last month that he wanted to leave Barcelona at the end of the season.
A move by Eto'o to Chelsea however appears less certain, given offers from AC Milan and Inter Milan for the 27-year-old, Marca said.
A director of AC Milan, Umberto Gandini, said in Barcelona on Thursday that Eto'o was one of its priority targets for next season.
The Spanish press have regularly reported Eto'o could be leaving Barca along with Brazilian striker Ronaldinho after a disappointing season for the club.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!