Monday, April 22, 2019

Hennessey found ´not proven´ to have made Nazi salute

SoccerNews in General Soccer News 5 Apr 2019

7 Views

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey will not face punishment over a social media post in which he made an alleged Nazi salute, the Football Association (FA) has announced.

Wales international Hennessey denied making the gesture in a photograph on Instagram posted by his German team-mate Max Meyer in January.  

The FA said a breach of disciplinary rules had been “found not proven” by an independent regulatory commission.

In a statement on the Palace website, Hennessey said: “I’m delighted that the FA have found me not guilty of this charge. This was a genuinely innocent moment, which appeared to be something completely different when captured on camera.

“I want to state for the record that I abhor all forms of racism, fascism, antisemitism or discrimination of any kind.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top