Thursday, April 18, 2019

LaLiga dismisses Tebas to Premier League links

SoccerNews in La Liga 20 Feb 2019

33 Views

LaLiga has denied president Javier Tebas is a candidate for the vacant Premier League chief executive role in England.

Tebas has emerged as a potential replacement for Richard Scudamore, who departed the Premier League in December last year.

The 56-year-old was appointed LaLiga president in 2013, and Tebas looks set to remain in Spain.

Responding to speculation, LaLiga said in a statement: “We are not aware of this supposed interest.

“That said, if a competition as important as the Premier League is taking note of the work being done by LaLiga, including its president, clubs and employees, it is a source of pride for the entire organisation.

“Javier has a contract with LaLiga and not only is he happy here, he also has responsibilities and challenges which occupy his full attention.

“This includes the changing broadcast landscape and battling the threat of new competitions – including format changes that put domestic leagues at risk.”

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

SoccerNews

Soccernews.com is news blog for soccer with comprehensive coverage of all the major leagues in Europe, as well as MLS in the United States. In addition we offer breaking news for transfers and transfer rumors, ticket sales, betting tips and offers, match previews, and in-depth editorials.

You can follow us on Facebook: Facebook.com/soccernews.com or Twitter: @soccernewsfeed.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top