Thursday, April 22, 2021

Lautaro to extend Inter contract

Lauataro Martinez has told Gazzetta dello Sport he intends to extend his contract with Inter Milan.

The 23-year-old striker was heavily linked with Barcelona last summer, and he also revealed that the interest from the Catalan club was real, and that he was interested in the move. It had been said they were looking at him as the perfect candidate to replace the ageing Luis Suarez at the time, but Inter were reluctant to sell and would not negotiate any deal below his release clause of €111 million. Many things have happened at Barcelona since, and they are in a very difficult financial situation at the moment.

But Lautaro says the Barcelona story is a thing of the past now. He claims he has informed Inter boss Antonio Conte of his commitment to the club, and he has no intention of going anywhere any time soon.

This season, the Argentinian has had 22 goal involvements (15 goals, seven assists) in 33 appearances in all competitions for the Nerazzurri so far.

 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Veselin Trajkovic


Vesko is a football writer that likes to observe the game for what it is, focusing on teams, players and their roles, formations, tactics, rather than stats. He follows the English Premier League closely, Liverpool FC in particular. His articles have been published on seven different football blogs.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top