Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas said on Thursday the seven time champions have agreed terms with Nice and French reserve goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, without giving further details about the contract.
The 22-year-old – who was also approached by Spurs and AC Milan – made his decision to join the French champions after a day of negotiations, Aulas told the club’s website on Thursday.
“It was a complicated affair. I had Hugo’s father here all day… Lloris told me that his preference was for Lyon,” he said, adding that the keeper has yet to put pen to paper.
A source close to the club said earlier that Lloris would sign a five-year deal worth between 10 and 12 million euros.
Lloris is seen as a replacement for current number one keeper Gregory Coupet, who earlier this week said he would be leaving after this weekend’s French Cup final and has been linked with Spurs as well, though, Paris Saint Germain are also said to be keen to sign him.
Lloris is presently injured, after suffering a broken hand – ironically in a recent 0-0 draw against Lyon.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!