Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc insisted Manchester United target Jadon Sancho will not be sold before the transfer window closes.
Sancho has emerged as United’s number one transfer target, though the Premier League giants have been unable to prise the England international from Dortmund.
Dortmund have been adamant Sancho will stay in 2020-21, with United so far unwilling to meet the Bundesliga club’s €120million (£108m) asking price.
With United reportedly still trying to negotiate a deal before Monday’s deadline, Zorc issued a warning having previously declared the 20-year-old will continue at Dortmund.
“Obviously we have talked to Manchester United in the past,” said Zorc, who has fielded repeated questions about Sancho’s future.
“But everything that needs to be said regarding this topic has already been said by me and all the people in charge at Borussia Dortmund.
“This will not change over the next three days.”
Back in Dortmund!
Screenshot and reply with your prediction for tomorrow’s match against Freiburg! pic.twitter.com/LyRRFm06R3
— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) October 2, 2020
Dortmund head coach Lucien Favre was also asked about Sancho, who missed Wednesday’s 3-2 DFL-Supercup loss to Bayern Munich.
As Dortmund prepare for Saturday’s Bundesliga fixture against Freiburg, Favre said: “Jadon has a slight cold, we’ll see.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!