Saturday, December 14, 2019

Napoli and Liverpool interest in Berge confirmed

As quoted by Mirror, Genk sporting director Dimitri De Conde told Radio Punto Nuovo that Napoli and Liverpool are both interested in signing Sander Berge.

The 21-year-old has caught the eye of the two clubs with his impressive displays against them in this season’s Champions League Group E, also featuring RB Salzburg. Liverpool currently top the group after four rounds, with Napoli in second and Genk sitting on the bottom.

Napoli are credited with a serious interest, possibly in view of replacing Fabian Ruiz who could leave in the near future, but De Conde says nothing is decided yet. He added that Genk are aware of close interest from Liverpool too, and confirmed that Jurgen Klopp praised Berge’s performance at Anfield last week.

De Conde refused to rule out anything, including a January transfer, or a third club coming into the fray.

Berge’s services are apparently rated at around €20 million, which shouldn’t pose a problem from either of the two named suitors.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Veselin Trajkovic


Vesko is a football writer that likes to observe the game for what it is, focusing on teams, players and their roles, formations, tactics, rather than stats. He follows the English Premier League closely, Liverpool FC in particular. His articles have been published on four different football blogs.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
More More
Top