Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce says he does not want even to think about the possibility of losing Allan Saint-Maximin in the near future.
The French winger has been catching the eye with fine performances for the Magpies who are yet to win a single Premier League match this season, and the situation has obviously raised questions about his future at the club. He played particularly well last week, snatching a point for his team with a goal against Leeds United and coming very close to adding a late winner. The fact that the 24-year-old signed a six-year-deal in October 2020, however, puts Newcastle in a strong position to refuse all advances for his services for the time being if they wish.
“I haven’t even had that conversation – and I don’t want to have that conversation, as you can imagine,” Bruce said at his press conference relating to the 1-1 draw away to Watford on Saturday.
“Look, we don’t want to lose our best players at all.
“For now, I’m not going to have that conversation with anybody because we want to keep our best players.”
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!