Wednesday, April 8, 2020

‘No space’ for Lozano at Napoli right now – Gattuso

Speaking to the press ahead of his team’s clash with Barcelona in the Champions League round of 16 (as quoted by AS), Napoli boss Gennaro Gattuso has made it clear that he isn’t counting on Hirving Lozano at the moment.

The Mexico international was on the radar of a number of European clubs last summer, and he ended up moving to Napoli from PSV Eindhoven for just under €40 million. When the deal was complete, he said Napoli was always going to be his choice with the manager at the time, Carlo Ancelotti, being the main reason. However, Ancelotti was sacked in December, to be replaced by former AC Milan boss Gattuso. Since then, Lozano has completely fallen out of the starting lineup with the former AC Milan midfielder says the 24-yeaer-old simply doesn’t have the qualities that he wants from his forwards at the moment.

Gattuso hasn’t been able to turn Napoli’s fortunes around so far in Serie A, and it remains to be seen what the end of the season will bring for both him and Lozano.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Veselin Trajkovic


Vesko is a football writer that likes to observe the game for what it is, focusing on teams, players and their roles, formations, tactics, rather than stats. He follows the English Premier League closely, Liverpool FC in particular. His articles have been published on four different football blogs.

SHARE OR COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE

WE RECOMMEND

Leave a Reply

avatar
 
smilegrinwinkmrgreenneutraltwistedarrowshockunamusedcooleviloopsrazzrollcryeeklolmadsadexclamationquestionideahmmbegwhewchucklesillyenvyshutmouth
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Live Scores

advertisement

Betting Guide Advertisement

advertisement

Become a Writer
More More
Top