Arsenal and Everton are moving closer to confirming their new bosses.
According to reports, the Premier League clubs have identified their preferred candidates and commenced discussions.
But while supporters appear to be onside, it seems Manchester City have been left upset by recent developments.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL MAKE PROGRESS WITH ARTETA PURSUIT
Arsenal have opened talks with City assistant Mikel Arteta and the Premier League champions are not pleased, according to The Athletic.
Arteta, 37, reportedly met with Arsenal’s head of football Raul Sanllehi last week and discussions regarding his potential appointment are said to have advanced following discussions with key officials Vinai Venkatesham and Huss Fahmy.
The Athletic’s report suggests that though the Spaniard has kept his employers informed, City have received no official approach from the Gunners – an oversight that has “angered” those at the Etihad Stadium, according to the Mirror.
Arteta spent five seasons with Arsenal as a player and was in the running to succeed Arsene Wenger in 2018, before the job went to Unai Emery.
Arteta informs City he has held talks with Arsenal
City unhappy Arsenal didn’t make intentions clear
Also subject of serious interest from Everton
Gunners hope former players can help club rediscover identity
| @David_Ornstein #MCFC #AFC #EFC https://t.co/RvFbREpdWR
— The Athletic UK (@TheAthleticUK) December 16, 2019
– Arteta has also been linked with a return to Everton but the Toffees look set to land a vastly more experienced candidate. According to The Telegraph, Carlo Ancelotti is on the verge of becoming their new manager on a deal running through to 2024. Everton, however, have denied issuing any contract offers in the wake of Marco Silva’s dismissal.
– “Senior stars” at Tottenham have urged Jose Mourinho to sign Wolves winger Adama Traore, reports Football Insider. Traore scored a goal and ran the Spurs defence ragged in his side’s 2-1 defeat at Molineux on Sunday.
– LaLiga title hopefuls Real Madrid are taking a close look at teenage Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga, claims L’Equipe. Camavinga has already accrued 20 Ligue 1 starts at the tender age of 17.
— L’ÉQUIPE (@lequipe) December 16, 2019
– Bayern Munich hope to sign Sevilla winger Lucas Ocampos but may be forced to wait until the end of the season, says Sky Sport Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio.
– Remaining with Bayern and, even though the Bundesliga champions sit six points adrift of leaders RB Leipzig, club executives are keeping the faith with interim head coach Hansi Flick, reports Bild. That means Thomas Tuchel will not be making a mid-season switch from Paris Saint-Germain.
– Serie A table-toppers Inter admire 20-year-old River Plate midfielder Cristian Ferreira and have discussed the possibility of a transfer with his agent, reports CalcioMercato.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!