Darwin Nunez only joined Benfica in September, but his future is already making headlines.
Nunez has hit the ground running at Benfica, where head coach Jorge Jesus has tipped the 21-year-old forward to surpass Joao Felix as the club’s most expensive sale following the latter’s €126million transfer to Atletico Madrid last year.
Barcelona are reportedly targeting the Uruguay international.
TOP STORY – BARCA STEP UP NUNEZ INTEREST
Barcelona are eyeing Benfica star Darwin Nunez as a replacement for Luis Suarez, according to ESPN.
Nunez became Benfica’s most expensive signing when he arrived from Almeria in a €24m deal in September, and the 21-year-old has scored four goals since moving to Portugal.
Barca wanted to sign Nunez from Almeria and the LaLiga giants are prepared to rekindle their interest.
– Sport1 claims Bayern Munich are considering RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano as a replacement for David Alaba. Bayern withdrew their offer of a new contract for Alaba, who is in the final year of his deal with the Bundesliga and Champions League holders. He has been linked with the likes of Real Madrid, Barca, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City. Premier League pair United and Liverpool are believed to be interested in Upamecano.
– Atletico are battling Bayern for Brighton and Hove Albion sensation Tariq Lamptey, reports the Daily Mail. Sevilla are also reportedly interested in the former Chelsea full-back.
– Barca are preparing a January bid for City centre-back Eric Garcia following their unsuccessful attempt to re-sign the Spaniard during the previous transfer window, says Sport.
— calciomercato.com (@cmdotcom) November 2, 2020
– MilanNews claims Milan will offer Franck Kessie a new contract. Kessie’s current deal expires in 2022 as the Rossoneri also look to re-sign Gianluigi Donnarumma and Hakan Calhanoglu, who has been linked to Manchester United.
– Salzburg sensation Dominik Szoboszlai is at the top of Inter’s wish list as they eye youth, according to Calciomercato. Szoboszlai reportedly has a €25m release clause. The 20-year-old has previously been linked to Arsenal and Napoli.
– Chelsea are not courting Juventus star Paulo Dybala as owner Roman Abramovich looks to protect new investments Kai Havertz and Hakim Ziyech, says Calciomercato. Contract negotiations are ongoing between Dybala and Juve as the likes of PSG, Madrid, Tottenham and United reportedly monitor the situation.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!