Barcelona are in disarray – out of Champions League and out of money.
Funds are limited at Camp Nou and it is forcing the embattled LaLiga giants to make some tough decisions.
Frenkie de Jong and Marc-Andre ter Stegen could be sold.
TOP STORY – DE JONG AND TER STEGEN TO LEAVE CAMP NOU?
Barcelona are willing to sell Frenkie de Jong and Marc-Andre ter Stegen due to the club’s finances, according to Diario AS.
Eliminated from the Champions League at the group stage, Barca are in the midst of a financial crisis, having been forced to part with superstar captain Lionel Messi at the start of the season.
Barca head coach Xavi faces a rebuilding job but needs to raise funds, and star midfielder De Jong and goalkeeper Ter Stegen could be sacrificed.
De Jong has been linked with Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Bayern Munich, who have also eyed Ter Stegen.
– Football Insider says Real Madrid are weighing up a move for former superstar Cristiano Ronaldo if he does not fit into the system of United interim manager Ralf Rangnick.
– ESPN claims Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham, RB Leipzig midfielder Amadou Haidara and Kalvin Phillips of Leeds United are key targets for Manchester United. Erling Haaland is also a long-term target of United.
– Chelsea are eyeing Leicester City’s Wesley Fofana as a replacement for soon-to-be free agent Antonio Rudiger, per Goal. Rudiger has been linked with Real Madrid and Bayern on a free transfer. Preparing for life after Rudiger, Chelsea have also been linked to Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde.
Chelsea are considering Leicester defender Wesley Fofana as a potential replacement for Antonio Rudiger next summer pic.twitter.com/TW0c8uteAz
— GOAL (@goal) December 10, 2021
– Paris Saint-Germain are looking to move on Mauro Icardi, Rafinha and Abdou Diallo, says L’Equipe. Icardi has been linked with Juventus, Milan, Newcastle United and Tottenham.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!