Barcelona are in no rush in their pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar.
Neymar, 27, is set to be fined by the Ligue 1 champions after failing to turn up for the first day of pre-season training.
With sporting director Leonardo confirming the Brazil forward can leave for the right price, Barca think they are in a strong position, and the Catalan giants are ready to play a waiting game.
TOP STORY – BARCELONA IN NO RUSH OVER NEYMAR
Barcelona are prepared to wait and see if PSG blink first over Neymar, according to a report from AS.
Neymar left Camp Nou for PSG in a world-record €222million move two years ago and it has now become clear he wants an exit from Parc des Princes.
In a strong position, Barca are remaining patient in their pursuit of the Brazil star, who has also been linked with their rivals Real Madrid.
Marca also report Barcelona are willing to wait, with PSG’s asking price sure to continue dropping as the skilful forward continues to show his desire to leave.
— AS English (@English_AS) July 10, 2019
– Juventus are ready to give in to Ajax’s demands over Matthijs de Ligt. Sport report the Serie A champions are planning to present the star defender on Saturday, having apparently agreed to pay the Eredivisie club €75m for the centre-back.
– Manchester United are increasingly confident about signing Leicester City defender Harry Maguire. The Daily Mail claim the Red Devils are hoping to land the centre-back for £75m, which is short of Leicester’s reported £85m valuation.
– West Ham have begun searching for someone to replace Marko Arnautovic, who left for China. The Sun say the Premier League club have been offered the chance to sign free agent Mario Balotelli, while Gianluca Di Marzio reports the Hammers have also shown an interest in Juve forward Gonzalo Higuain.
The Hammers have been offered Balotelli to replace Arnautovichttps://t.co/ThowxTOgqR
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) July 10, 2019
– Mario Mandzukic could be set for a surprise return to Bayern Munich. Bild report the Juve striker has been discussed as a possible back-up for Robert Lewandowski and another wide option for head coach Niko Kovac.
– Everton continue to be linked with forwards and the Telegraph say the Premier League club expressed an interest in Lille’s Nicolas Pepe, who is said to have been a target of rivals Liverpool. Meanwhile, the Sun claim Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa is prepared to talk to the Toffees.
– Newcastle United seem close to finding their replacement for Rafael Benitez. According to the Daily Mail, Sam Allardyce has rejected a return to the club, with Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce now the favourite.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!