Xavi seems set to return to Barcelona as head coach, replacing Ernesto Valverde.
Valverde is under pressure again at the helm of the LaLiga giants after Thursday’s Supercopa de Espana semi-final loss to Atletico Madrid.
And, it seems Barca are wasting no time finding a replacement.
TOP STORY – BARCELONA OFFER XAVI DEAL TO REPLACE VALVERDE
Barcelona have offered Al Sadd boss Xavi a two-and-a-half-year deal to replace Valverde, according to AS.
Xavi’s potential return to Camp Nou, where he won eight LaLiga titles and four Champions Leagues in a glittering playing career, is dominating headlines in Spain.
The cover of Sport reads ‘Earthquake Xavi’, while Marca also reports that Barcelona have offered the job to the former midfielder.
“Terremoto Xavi”. https://t.co/62c52JnuDI
— Diario SPORT (@sport) January 10, 2020
– Bruno Fernandes. Manchester United. Here we go again. Record reports Sporting CP officials met with the Premier League club with a move potentially going ahead in January. The Daily Mail says United are considering a £55m (€64.6m) move for Fernandes, who they were reportedly interested in during the close season.
Man United lining up £55m move for Bruno Fernandes after star’s agent flew to London for talks with Ed Woodward and Sporting CP president over a possible swap deal https://t.co/WfmNaG0npx pic.twitter.com/7QdXhgmWKn
— MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) January 10, 2020
– Staying at Old Trafford and The Sun reports Manchester United are eyeing a £40m move for West Ham defender Issa Diop, who is also apparently a target for Chelsea.
– Manchester United are at the centre of plenty of speculation this month, including a potential exit for Ashley Young. CalcioMercato reports Inter want the 34-year-old and the Serie A side are offering Young – who is out of contract at season’s end – a deal until 2021.
– Gedson Fernandes is seemingly set for a move to London, but to which club remains to be seen. The Guardian reports West Ham fear they will miss out on the Benfica midfielder to Tottenham.
– Out of contract at the end of the season, Hugo Vallejo appears set for a Malaga exit. AS reports Real Madrid are considering making a move for the forward this month before sending the 19-year-old out on loan until the end of 2019-20. Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Valencia are also reportedly interested in Vallejo.
– Meanwhile, Barca have had an offer of €6m for midfielder Matheus Fernandes rejected by Palmeiras, according to Globo Esporte.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!