Premier League giants Chelsea and Arsenal appear close to strengthening their defences.
After conceding more league goals than any other side that finished in the top eight in 2019-20, the two clubs have been linked to defensive reinforcements.
It seems both are close to making additions.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA CLOSE TO SIGNING SILVA
Chelsea are close to signing Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Thiago Silva on a one-year deal, according to Sky Sports.
Silva, 35, confirmed after Sunday’s Champions League final loss to Bayern Munich that he had played his last game for the Ligue 1 giants.
The Brazil defender has been linked to Chelsea and Fiorentina, but looks set to join the former.
– Chelsea’s rivals Arsenal have almost landed a centre-back of their own. RMC Sport reports a deal taking Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes to the club is done, with the sides agreeing a £27million (€30m) fee and the 22-year-old opting for Arsenal over Napoli and Everton.
– On the outer at Real Madrid, just whether Gareth Bale leaves this close season remains to be seen. AS claims there have been no offers for the attacker and MLS seems the only way out due to his salary.
— Diario AS (@diarioas) August 23, 2020
– PSG fell short of a first Champions League title, but their European run could provide a transfer boost. Le 10 Sport says PSG’s performances in the Champions League have boosted their chances of signing Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
– Amid reports Edinson Cavani‘s move to Benfica had fallen through, it seems the free agent may yet end up at the Portuguese giants. According to Le 10 Sport, talks between the two parties are ongoing.
– After a loan spell at Aston Villa, Pepe Reina looks set for a permanent move from Milan. Sky Sport reports the goalkeeper is ready to sign a two-year deal with Lazio.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!