Chelsea have been linked with Sevilla’s French defender Jules Kounde throughout the off-season.
The 22-year-old centre-back did not play for Sevilla at the weekend and reportedly wants to exit the club.
Kounde would be Chelsea’s second major signing behind Romelu Lukaku, as the transfer window closure approaches.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA FACING MONDAY ULTIMATUM ON KOUNDE
Chelsea‘s drawn-out pursuit of Sevilla‘s Jules Kounde has hit another speed bump with the Spanish club issuing the Blues an ultimatum, according to AS.
Sevilla have told Chelsea if they do not submit a suitable offer on Monday, then they have to meet Kounde’s €80 million (£68m) release clause.
Chelsea have not tabled a firm bid for Kounde beyond €50m, while the LaLiga outfit had reportedly previously wanted €60-70m.
— Daily Star Sport (@DailyStar_Sport) August 30, 2021
– The Star reports that Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival at Manchester United will force Dan James out, with Everton, Brighton and Hove Albion, Leeds United and Crystal Palace all in the running for the Welsh winger.
– Manchester United are unlikely to move for Atletico Madrid full-back and long-term target Kieran Trippier reports the Manchester Evening News. United’s capture of Ronaldo means their transfer business is over.
– Sport reports that Juventus are ready to make one final effort to sign Miralem Pjanic back from Barcelona. Juve are willing to take Pjanic on loan, with the midfielder out of favour at Barca.
– Aston Villa are set to table a £15m bid for Liverpool midfielder Curtis Jones according to the Express. The Villans are eager to strengthen having missed out on Arsenal’s Emile Smith Rowe.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!