Chelsea’s struggles and riches mean they are going to be busy during the January transfer window.
The Blues, who face Manchester City in the FA Cup on Sunday, are currently 10th in the Premier League as they continue to adjust to head coach Graham Potter.
Chelsea have already signed Benoit Badiashile, David Datro Fofana and Andrey Santos this month, while also being heavily linked with Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez, but they may have another World Cup finalist in their sights.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA KEEN ON THURAM IN JANUARY
Chelsea have commenced discussions with Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach about a move for French forward Marcus Thuram, reports Fabrizio Romano.
Thuram’s Gladbach contract expires at the end of this season and he is not planning on extending the deal.
Chelsea and Gladbach will hold further talks in the coming days to discuss conditions and a price tag for the 25-year-old in January.
Chelsea consider Marcus Thuram as big opportunity on the market — with further talks to take place in the next days to discuss conditions and price tag for January. #CFC
Thuram will consider all his options as he won’t extend contract with Borussia and he’d be free in June. pic.twitter.com/U7d3dAOK45
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 7, 2023
– Negotiations between Atletico Madrid and Manchester United on a Joao Felix loan deal are ramping up, with the Spanish club demanding a £9.5million (€10.8m) loan fee and a commitment to buy for £70m (€79.4m), according to the Sunday Mirror.
– FootMercato claims Manchester United are exploring a deal to sign Wout Weghorst on loan. The 30-year-old Dutch striker is currently on loan at Besiktas from Burnley, with an £8.8m (€10m) buy option in the deal.
– Tottenham are interested in signing Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford as a long-term replacement for veteran Hugo Lloris, claims the Sunday Mirror.
– Napoli have made an opening bid worth €15m plus add-ons for Azzedine Ounahi from French club Angers, claims 90min. Ounahi impressed with Morocco at the World Cup and has also been linked with Leicester City .
– The Sun reports that Crystal Palace will rival Everton in pursuit of Aston Villa striker Danny Ings in January.
– Arsenal are monitoring Tammy Abraham‘s situation at Roma, claims La Repubblica.
– The Athletic reports that ex-Everton and Belgium boss Roberto Martinez has a verbal agreement to take over as Portugal head coach.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!