Chelsea are in the market for a striker and are seemingly keen on one of their former players.
Romelu Lukaku helped Inter to the Serie A title last term and is seemingly in Chelsea’s sights.
The Belgium international scored four goals at Euro 2020 after netting 24 times in Serie A.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA REBUFFED IN LUKAKU BID
Chelsea have had their initial bid worth approximately £86 million (€100m) for Lukaku rejected by Inter, reports The Sun.
The Blues made their transfer offer with defender Marcos Alonso also involved, but the Italian champions are demanding a £100m (€117m) fee.
Lukaku is said to be Chelsea’s number one target after failing in their bid to lure Erling Haaland away from Borussia Dortmund.
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) August 2, 2021
– Real Madrid are still expecting Kylian Mbappe to let his Paris Saint-Germain contract expire at the end of the 2021-22 season and join Los Blancos for free, according to AS.
– The Daily Star reports Manchester City and Tottenham are still unable to reach agreement in negotiations over Harry Kane, with £40m separating them currently.
– AS claims Barcelona remain in the box seat to sign highly sought-after Atletico Madrid star Saul Niguez despite their financial challenges. Saul has been chased by Premier League trio Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea.
– Atalanta are set to win the race to sign Juventus defender Merih Demiral, claims Sky Deutschland, with Cristian Romero looking likely to join Tottenham. Bundesliga pair Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen were also interested in the Turkey international.
– Roma head coach Jose Mourinho has switched his attention from Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka to Dortmund’s Thomas Delaney, according to Bild.
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) August 3, 2021
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!