European champions Chelsea have been in the market for a new striker this off-season.
The Blues chased Erling Haaland without success and have now set their sights on Romelu Lukaku.
Lukaku was on Chelsea’s books from 2011 and 2014 but has since become one of the world’s best forwards.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA TO TABLE NEW BUMPER LUKAKU BID
Chelsea are preparing to table a new bid of between £100million and £110m (€120-130m) bid for Inter forward Lukaku claims Fabrizio Romano.
The Blues had an initial £85m (€100m) offer, including Marcos Alonso, for the Belgian striker rejected by Inter.
The Sun claim Lukaku is keen on a return to Chelsea, citing “unfinished business” from his previous stint in London.
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) August 3, 2021
– Paris Saint-Germain are not guaranteed to retain Real Madrid target Kylian Mbappe , reports AS. The France superstar has already informed PSG that he will not extend his current contract, due to expire in 2022, and president Nasser Al-Khelaifi is set to take over talks.
– Aymeric Laporte has told Manchester City he wants to leave to return to Spain this off-season, reports 90min. Barcelona and Real Madrid are both interested in the Spain international, who is not first choice at City.
– Arsenal have proposed a player-plus-cash deal, believed to be worth £60m, for Leicester City’s James Maddison according to Football.London, but negotiations are “very slow”.
– Tottenham will complete a £47m (€55m) deal for Atalanta defender Cristian Romero imminently according to Romano. Atalanta will fill the void by signing Merih Demiral from Juventus.
Tottenham will prepare paperworks for Cristian Romero deal today, after agreement reached with Atalanta. €55m fee confirmed with add ons. Done deal. Romero will soon fly to London. #THFC
…and Demiral joins Atalanta from Juventus on loan [€3m] with buy option [€28m].
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 4, 2021
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!