Harry Kane’s reported desire to leave Tottenham has created a race for his signature.
A lack of silverware is believed to be behind Kane’s alleged urge to move on, with Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea the leading suitors.
In the post-COVID world where club finances have been hit hard, some clubs are getting creative.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA’S PLAYER-PLUS-CASH SWAP DEAL
Chelsea are launching a player-plus-cash swap deal to land Kane from Tottenham involving goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga and forward Tammy Abraham, claims ESPN.
Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris is expected to leave the club, hence the lure of Kepa who has been back-up to Edouard Mendy, while Abraham, who is not a regular starter for the Blues, could help to fill the void left by Kane.
Kane is contracted with Tottenham for another three seasons and Spurs are believed to want a transfer fee of £150 million, so the addition of players would drop that figure down to an affordable level.
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) May 21, 2021
– The Guardian reports that Sergio Aguero has agreed to a two-year deal with Barcelona, with his departure from Manchester City this off-season already confirmed.
– Arsenal’s Sead Kolasinac will leave the Gunners, with Schalke 04 and Lazio circling for the Bosnian’s signature, reports Football London.
– Fernandinho was set to exit Manchester City, but The Times claims he will renew with the club on a one-year deal.
– The manager merry-go-round is in full swing, with The Mirror claiming that Wolves are looking at ex-Roma boss Paulo Fonseca, while The Sun reports that Tottenham will try to convince Brendan Rodgers to join the club if Leicester City fail to qualify for next season’s Champions League.
— Guardian sport (@guardian_sport) May 21, 2021
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!