A Liverpool stalwart might make an early exit from the club.
Jordan Henderson is under contract for two more years and is said to want an extension.
But talks have reportedly not progressed, potentially opening the door for outside suitors.
TOP STORY – HENDERSON COULD LEAVE ANFIELD
Completing a new deal for Henderson is reportedly not a priority for Liverpool’s ownership this off-season, and The Athletic says a move could be on the cards for the England international.
The report cites Paris Saint-Germain head coach Mauricio Pochettino as a long-time admirer of the midfielder and notes Henderson’s close friendship with Atletico Madrid‘s Luis Suarez as potentially weighing in favour of a move to one of those clubs.
Liverpool are said to be eager to get something in return for Henderson, should he leave, after watching Georginio Wijnaldum move to PSG on a free transfer last month.
Interesting to see if clubs (inc #PSG & possibly #Atleti) try to capitalise on Jordan Henderson contract impasse by moving for him this summer. No dispute between 31yo & Liverpool but negotiations are not advancing so big decisions loom @TheAthleticUK #LFC https://t.co/RkhorIrSEy
— David Ornstein (@David_Ornstein) July 19, 2021
– If the rumoured swap deal that would send Saul Niguez to Barcelona and Antoine Griezmann to Atletico falls through, the Daily Mail reports that Liverpool and Manchester United could swoop for the 26-year-old Spaniard.
– Raphael Varane‘s expected move to Old Trafford is gaining momentum, as Fabrizio Romano reports the Real Madrid centre-back has told United he is “ready” to accept their contract offer should the clubs agree to terms.
– Tottenham are set to acquire Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta on loan through next season with a €15million option to make the move permanent, says Romano, and Football London reports Atalanta defender Cristian Romero also is in talks to join Spurs.
– Manchester United’s Donny van de Beek could be headed to Barcelona on loan, according to Mundo Deportivo.
– Villarreal are the leaders to sign Arnaut Danjuma away from Bournemouth, the Sun reports, with Villa and Southampton also possibilities for the Dutch forward.
– Burnley winger Dwight McNeil is Everton‘s top transfer target according to the Mirror, though the Liverpool Echo says Aston Villa may also be in the mix.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!