Zlatan Ibrahimovic could be ready to extend his contract at Milan after a fine start to the season.
Ibrahimovic returned to the Serie A club in January, extending his deal in August through until the end of the 2020-21 season.
However, the veteran striker could be set to remain at the club for longer, per speculation in Italy.
TOP STORY – IBRAHIMOVIC COULD RENEW AT MILAN UNTIL 2022
Ibrahimovic‘s agent Mino Raiola is already studying a plan to extend the striker’s deal at Milan until 2022, according to Corriere della Sera.
The 39-year-old has scored four goals in two Serie A games for league leaders Milan this season, including a brace in the derby win over rivals Inter at the weekend.
Ibrahimovic netted 10 goals and provided five assists in 18 league appearances in 2019-20.
«Milano non ha mai avuto un Re, ha un Dio» https://t.co/bpDSAloiyL
— Corriere della Sera (@Corriere) October 19, 2020
– Unhappy about being left on the bench against Crotone, Paulo Dybala‘s future at Juventus is again a subject of interest. However, Tuttosport reports the aim is still for the playmaker – who is contracted until 2022 – to renew his deal before January.
– Barcelona could be set for good news. Goal reports Barcelona are working on new deals for Frenkie de Jong and Clement Lenglet after agreeing to a contract with goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen. Meanwhile, AS says Gerard Pique is ready to accept a pay cut.
– Phil Jones is yet to play for Manchester United this season and could leave in January. The Sun reports United could demand £20million for the defender, who is contracted until 2023.
— The Sun Football (@TheSunFootball) October 19, 2020
– Maurizio Sarri could be set for a return to coaching. CalcioMercato reports the former Juventus and Chelsea boss is a target for Fiorentina amid pressure on Giuseppe Iachini after the club collected just four points from their opening four Serie A games of the season.
– Out of contract at Marseille at season’s end, Florian Thauvin could be set for a move. Le 10 Sport says Milan are interested in the forward.
– With Virgil van Dijk out due to a serious knee injury, Liverpool could be looking for a defender in January. Football Insider says Brighton and Hove Albion defender Ben White remains on the Premier League champions’ radar.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!