Lionel Messi lifted the Copa America on Saturday in Brazil.
But back in Europe, rumours continue to swirl about his future.
The 34-year-old forward is out of contract though the latest development suggests a resolution is in sight.
TOP STORY – NEW BARCELONA DEAL LOOMS FOR MESSI
AS reports that LaLiga have authorized Barcelona to register Lionel Messi despite the club’s financial concerns.
Messi became a free agent last week with Barcelona working on a new deal, pending their financial constraints having been impacted heavily by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Paris Saint-Germain had been linked with a swoop for Messi but the approval of the authorities to register Messi is a strong indication he will stay.
— AS English (@English_AS) July 10, 2021
– Highly sought-after Saul Niguez is being considered in a swap deal between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, which would include Antoine Griezmann, claims Football Espana. Liverpool were linked with Niguez earlier this week.
– Chelsea have joined the race for Rennes teenage talent Eduardo Camavinga, alongside Manchester United, Arsenal and Real Madrid, according to Le Parisien.
– Manchester United are ready to spend £17m to sign Napoli’s right-back Giovanni di Lorenzo following the Euro 2020 final, reports Il Napolista.
– Fabrizio Romano reports that veteran Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini will sign a new one-year extension with Juventus after the completion of Euro 2020.
– Newly promoted Watford are keen on Udinese’s Danish star Jens Stryger Larsen after he impressed during Euro 2020, reports 90min.
– Newly promoted Brentford are preparing a £10m bid for Liverpool’s Harry Wilson claims The Sun.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!