Frank Lampard’s position as Chelsea head coach is under threat, while Tottenham have started talks to extend Harry Kane’s deal.
Lampard is under increasing pressure at Stamford Bridge after just one win in their past six Premier League games.
Sunday’s 3-1 loss to Manchester City has only put further pressure on the Chelsea boss.
TOP STORY – LAMPARD’S POSITION AS CHELSEA BOSS UNDER THREAT
Lampard‘s job as Chelsea head coach is under serious threat, according to The Athletic.
The report says the Premier League club, who are eighth in the table, have started looking at replacements.
Lampard took charge of Chelsea in July 2019, but they sit seven points behind Liverpool and Manchester United – who have both played one game fewer – despite spending heavily in the close season.
Chelsea hierarchy looking at alternatives to Lampard
Concerns over struggles of Havertz and Werner
Tensions between manager and some of squad
— The Athletic UK (@TheAthleticUK) January 3, 2021
– Kane‘s impressive form for Tottenham has seen him linked with the likes of Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain. The Independent reports Spurs have started talks with the forward, who has 10 goals and 11 assists in the Premier League this season, over a contract extension, even though his current deal runs until 2024.
— Indy Football (@IndyFootball) January 3, 2021
– With Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez sidelined with long-term injuries, Liverpool continue to be linked with defenders. But The Athletic reports the Premier League champions are not considering a move for Lille defender Sven Botman.
– Struggling for game time at Tottenham, Dele Alli is linked with a reunion with Mauricio Pochettino at PSG. Foot Mercato reports Pochettino has spoken with Alli, who is open to a move.
– Staying at PSG and Sky Sports reports the Ligue 1 giants are in negotiations with Everton to sign Moise Kean on a permanent deal worth around €34.6million (£31m). Kean has scored nine goals in 16 games in all competitions on loan at PSG.
– Samuel Umtiti‘s Barcelona future is uncertain. Todofichajes reports Nice have a strong interest in the defender on an initial loan deal.
– Patrick Bamford has scored 10 Premier League goals this season and the Leeds United forward is out of contract next year. The Sun reports Leeds are set to reward the 27-year-old with a lucrative new deal.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!