Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appears set on his determination to bring young British talent to Manchester United.
There are four English names on the United manager’s radar, apparently, as he looks to rebuild the team into a title-winning force once more.
The end of the season could potentially see a spend of a similar magnitude to the £150million, more or less, that he spent on Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James this year.
TOP STORY – MADDISON AND SANCHO TOP SOLSKJAER’S WISH LIST
As per ESPN, Manchester United will pursue deals for Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho and Leicester City’s James Maddison in 2020.
Manager Solskjaer is set on his policy of recruiting young, hungry British talent and remains keen on signing Sancho, who was reportedly a target this year.
United believe Leicester could sell Maddison for around £70m and are also interested in Newcastle United’s Sean Longstaff, Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson and Stoke City’s Nathan Collins.
– Barcelona have been ordered by a judge to pay a €300 fine or play a match behind closed doors as part of Atletico Madrid‘s complaint against the transfer of Antoine Griezmann, Marca say. Atleti believe they are owed more than the €120m Barca paid to activate his release clause.
— MARCA (@marca) September 16, 2019
– The Daily Mail report Napoli are interested in Celtic forward Odsonne Edouard, a player they value at around €34m (£30.1m).
– A handful of reports in Italy suggest Bernard Arnault, the billionaire owner of Louis Vuitton, is interested in buying Serie A giants AC Milan.
– Back with Manchester United, and Calciomercato say Juventus, Inter, Milan and Borussia Dortmund are all keeping an eye on Nemanja Matic, who has grown frustrated at his reduced role in Solskjaer’s plans.
- Soccer News Like
- Be the first of your friends!